Electric Cinema, London


I have a lot to thank for Instagram. It's how I can keep up to date with what my friends get up to when I've forgotten to respond to their messages for three months straight. Sorry guys. But, more importantly, it's a place I can stumble across (stalk) for cool day-out ideas that I can pretend I've known about all along.

Alas, the Electric Cinema in Portobello.

This one had been on my wish list for a little while now. Plush sofas, table service, an interior cooler than I could ever dream to be. I felt like I'd gone back in time, minus the awkwardly placed TARDIS - instead, replace it with a half-decent-not-too-grotty tube journey. I can confirm, this cinema is indeed heaven on Earth.

I borrowed a pal for an evening and headed up to the cinema, nestled in between markets and quirky, dainty shops. We popped into a conveniently placed Cafe Nero across the road (as we were twenty minutes too eager - and I am known for always being late, so twenty minutes early is an absolute miracle for me!)

NOTE - there is a no late policy, so do be careful (and on time) if you go!

When we went in we sat in the plushest, comfiest armchairs. The seats were ginormous, allowing me to sit crossed legged - which is my preferred way to sit in any instance if I can, but definitely didn't match the classy interior...

Incase any of you were curious, and let's face it you probably weren't, I got a burger & classic Diet Coke (the obsession is unhealthy, but I am aware). As a true burger connoisseur, I rated it a 7.8/10. Not too shabby at all!

The film poster of The Goldfinch - looove

We watched The Goldfinch, a once-book-turned-film, which I thought was absolutely amazing. It had very key and heartfelt yet heavy themes running throughout, mixed with a twist of mystery to keep you on your toes. It was overall shot and edited brilliantly, and really made you think.

...above is the exact reason why I don't review films.




Look at those CHAIRS



The experience was amazing, the film was great, and I highly recommend. Even if it's just so you get to experience someone bringing you a burger as the film begins.

Maria x

Electric Cinema, London
Share